Sanctioned by the Eastern Regional Dragon Boat Association, the RI Chinese Dragon Boat Races consist of two divisions: the Mixed Division, which requires a minimum of 6 female paddlers, and the Open Division that has no gender restrictions. The Mixed Division will contain three finals for cash and prizes.
The course length is 1,000 feet long up the Pawtucket River, with three boats racing at a time. A unique element to our races is that we use larger Taiwanese-style dragon boats, wood paddles, and incorporate flag catching. Don’t miss that flag! You don’t want a penalty added to your time!
The races are great for experienced clubs or a company looking for a fun & different way to team-build and get promotion to thousands of spectators!
Join us for some great entertainment throughout the day including:
- NEW THIS YEAR…The Narragansett Beer Garden!
- The popular Chinese dumpling eating contest – WINNER GETS ROUND-TRIP TICKET TO TAIPEI thanks to EVA Air
- A fun (and messy) watermelon eating contest
- Taiwanese arts & crafts tables
- Lion dancers
- Yo-yo performances
- Interactive games and activities
- Food trucks
With so much to see and do…the Taiwan Day Festival is truly a great opportunity to witness some wonderful traditional Chinese and Taiwanese entertainment!